Thursday, November 6, 2008

Site-seeing in Oslo

So I went to work today and as usual there really wasn't anything for me to do. After a short while Paul asked Brigitta if I could be released to go site-seeing since there wasn't anything to keep me busy...She said I should go have a nice day....so I did.
First off I went to the city and caught the #30 Bus toward Bygdoy (the west part of the city) to visit the Viking ship museum.


It was very interesting. I couldn't believe how ornately carved the ships were. The ships in the museum were burial ships from sites that had been discovered and excavated. This ship is from


There were also artifacts from the ships such as carts, sledges, burial chambers, cooking implements, furniture and the like
.


I also went to the Frogner Park. This park is a huge park with nude sculptures throughout. The center point of the park is a huge monument called the Monolith.


A couple of the statues I found interesting were first, a statue of a baby throwing a temper tantrum that the locals call the Angry Baby and another with a man and several small children the locals call Daddy had too much to drink again.

2 comments:

Monica said...

mom, your looking good! miss ya!

Amanda Weikum said...

LOL on the statue names...the pictures are great. It sounds like you are having a good time.