Sunday, October 26, 2008

National Arboretum

The week before last was my last week in Washington D.C. During the week the guys I was working with at the Washington Times invited me to go for a walk with them in the National Arboretum. In the weeks I had been in D.C. previously they kept telling me I should go out to the National Arboretum since there is an entrance to the park from the parking lot at the Times. The guys walked in the Arboretum nearly every day. I was finally able to go with them that last week.
On the first walk they took me up a hill to a meadow and there we came upon the columns. The Capitol Columns were original part of the East Portico of the Capitol building in 1828. It was very cool to see them there.
We also walked down a paved path that took us out of the Arboretum to the shore of the Anacostia River. It was very cool. There was a picnic area and a small dock for boats to land.
One day Bill and I walked around to see the columns (Bill didn't walk with us the first day) we ended up at the Bonsai Gardens. The Bonsai were very cool and we enjoyed wandering through the garden.
The last day Lambert and I walked up a different trail to view the children's garden. It was very sweet and quite fun. The flowers were still in bloom and very colorful.

1 comment:

DTanner said...

Sounds like quite a big place. I pictured the paper being downtown.