Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Last week in Colorado Springs!


Last week I was in Colorado Springs. My hotel was right outside the airport. It seems all the hotels are clustered near the airport. The airplane in this picture is a restaurant attached to the Radisson Hotel next door to the hotel I stayed at.
It was quite a tourist attraction.
The airplane was an old Air Guard Cargo plane.
I really enjoyed Colorado Springs. The city has the feel of a small town and in reality is about 300,000 in population.
At the paper I was working at I ran into a person I had originally met in Lexington KY.
We got together and went to a mexican restaurant in Manitou called The Loop. It was just around the bend from the Garden of the Gods. I didn't get a chance to visit the Garden of the Gods which I was disappointed about so I have something to look forward to if I get the chance to get back there.

There was a storm brewing mid week. I went outside the Gazette to take a picture of the mountain. The storm was masking the mountain from view.

1 comment:

DTanner said...

That is a cool hotel. Derrick will love the pic. Come home soon, I miss you. Love ya.